Agency Manager / Wholesaler
Who we are
American International Group, Inc. (AIG) is a leading global insurance organization. Building on 100 years of experience, today AIG member companies provide a wide range of property casualty insurance, life insurance, retirement solutions, and other financial services to customers in more than 80 countries and jurisdictions. These diverse offerings include products and services that help businesses and individuals protect their assets, manage risks and provide for retirement security.
General Insurance is a leading provider of insurance products and services for commercial and personal insurance customers. It includes one of the world’s most far-reaching property casualty networks. General Insurance offers a broad range of products to customers through a diversified, multichannel distribution network.
About the role
What you need to know:
Overall Job Purpose
Responsible for managing and setting the business direction of the Agency Distribution for Accident & Health ( A & H ) business in Malaysia with accountability for revenue, profit and growth. Develops, monitors and executes initiatives and strategies to achieve production targets allocated for the relevant Agency segments.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Develop and implement strategies and identify opportunities in the A&H market, that are relevant to Agency distribution.
- Analyze industry/market trends, marketplace events and identifying economic/regulatory/competitive issues in the local market
- Implement distribution strategies where applicable, clearly differentiating based on producer segment characteristics
- Manage and optimize every input to the “Agency Equation”, from numbers of recruited/engaged agents, to activity ratios/levels, to sales mix.
- Design and execute engagement and intervention frameworks to drive the necessary behaviors.
- Optimize compensation strategy, by segment, to ensure sustainable, profitable growth.
- Analyze agents’ portfolio and identify cross-sell and up-sell business opportunities. Improve sales penetration through marketing initiatives, deploying multi-channel tools where relevant.
- Manage quality and persistency to specific metrics, utilizing all possible levers and touchpoints throughout the producer and customer journeys.
- Work closely with A&H team and Agency distribution to develop and implement product strategies, business targets and action plans
- Develop and maintain channel relationship that provides strong and proactive support to key business partners. Guide and train agents to ensure they are familiar with AIG A&H “stories”, value proposition and sales journeys that optimize outcomes.
- Establish a methodical, periodic target-setting, performance monitoring and intervention (to further accelerate or remediate performance).
- Work with supporting departments to streamline operational processes to ensure that high standard of service, customers satisfaction and cost efficiency are maintained
- Assess strengths and development needs of staff, give specific feedback, helpful coaching, provide assignments and opportunities for career development and develop succession plans
- Top Lines and Profitability as measured by FGEN.
What we’re looking for: Requirement
- Minimum 10 years of insurance experience, with at least 5 years of agency channel experience with P&C or Life products.
- Demonstrable, granular understanding of distinct levers of Agency performance and track record of optimizing across all said levers.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build effective relationships with existing agents and establish credibility with new agents. Relationship skills/focus should be combined with metrics-driven, analytical approach to driving engagement.
- Demonstrable understanding of different agency segments and how/when approach should be tailored accordingly.
- Expert problem-solving skills and willingness to roll up one's sleeves to get the job done
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Effective coaching skills to continuously improve performance
- Anticipates future trends and opportunities accurately.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories. At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
At AIG, we believe that diversity and inclusion are critical to our future and our mission – creating a foundation for a creative workplace that leads to innovation, growth, and profitability. Through a wide variety of programs and initiatives, we invest in each employee, seeking to ensure that our people are not only respected as individuals, but also truly valued for their unique perspectives.
SM - Sales & Marketing
Estimated Travel Percentage (%): Up to 25%
Relocation Provided: No
AIG Malaysia Insurance Berhad
Job Responsibility: Drive strategic user engagementtogether with the sales team and product team to tailor make the right solution for the clients Support...
From Green Packet International Sdn Bhd - Selangor
Published a month ago
An exciting Digital Marketing Manager job has just become available at a market-leading property company. About the Digital Marketing Manager Role: In this...
From Robert Walters - Kuala Lumpur
Published a month ago
Help our customers find their perfect home! As Myra's Property Consultant, you will be tasked with helping our customers on their home-owning journey, making...
From Myra - Negeri Sembilan
Published a month ago
Accenture is a leading global professional services company, providing a broad range of services in strategy and consulting, interactive, technology and...
From Accenture - Kuala Lumpur
Published a month ago