The Role - Responsible for performing debt collection activities for Shell operating units under Finance Operations KL scope
- To provide support to the Debt Collection Supervisor
- Responsible for ensuring that customer debts are collected in line with contracted payment terms and in accordance with Downstream Credit Manual
- Adhere to the escalation process in carrying out the debt collection activities
- Responsible for managing release of credit blocked orders
- Maintain and foster good working relationships with Sales, the business and with relevant FO business partners.
- Perform dispute initiation and monitoring of resolution in accordance with the defined SLA
- Handle customer queries as well as that of the Customer Service Center
- Coordinate with Sales and the business account reviews on assigned portfolios
- Investigate payment discrepancy reason if the customer fails to provide it in their remittance data.
- Negotiate and recommend refinancing of overdue debts
- Recommend for credit line increase/decrease/revocation
- Contribute ideas on process enhancements/improvement
- Shows willingness to accept responsibilities assigned and in fact displays eagerness to succeed
- Identified excellence by objective results, trainers assessments, and management evaluation
- Handles complex accounts and knows the in/out of the process
- Has good communication skills and maximizes this to deliver above average performance in debt collections
- This role will have an exposure to business leaders and third party customers.
- The role requires high level of negotiation skills and involves maximizing commercial opportunities whilst taking acceptable risks. This will require creating very good working relationships with the local Credit Team, OTC, Sales and other FO business partners. Having the ability of meeting with the customers to discuss a range of issues but still maintain a solid relationship wherever possible.
- Able to speak, read & write in Cantonese & Mandarin
- Degree in Accounting or any related Finance/Business course
- With 1-2 years relevant work experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Team player
- Experience in performing call outs and other collection efforts to third party customers
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, active across more than 80 countries, employing 90,000 people.
Shell Business Operations Sdn Bhd (503619-D), a LEED Platinum certified green facility in Cyberjaya, provides a wide range of professional services to support the efficient operation of the Shell Group. The Centre delivers world-class operational excellence to the business through shared operations and services that include Human Resource, Information Technology, Finance, Customer Services, Order to Delivery and Contracting & Procurement. The Centre is currently on a growth path and as part of this rapid growth, we are looking to recruit talented professionals to join us!
If you would like to be a part of an innovative energy leader that offers a rewarding career in a multi cultural environment, then apply to us today and be a part of this vibrant, world-class organisation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position: Internship for Human Resource HR - Recruitment Consultant During the internship period, you will be exposed to these areas: Program Framework: • To...
Published 23 days ago
- Provide consultation to potential students and parents and follow-up via phone, walk-in, email, etc. - Meet sales target - Able to participate/attend in-house...
Published 22 days ago
How you can be part of us: 1/ Must be Malaysian age between (17 - 35) 2/ Able to do public speaking towards individual and group of people 3/ Extraversion...
Published 22 days ago
- Responsible for sales and account management functions. - Develop new business opportunities. - The scope includes making sales presentations, providing...
Published 22 days ago