Assistant Company Secretary : 0000E6DT Description Assistant Company Secretary
Global Company Secretaries vision statement:
Driving Excellence in Governance
Global Company Secretaries mission statement:
By developing our people, processes and systems, we drive the highest standards of corporate governance globally to support the delivery of Group strategy and satisfy the expectations of our stakeholders.
The Company Secretary job category provides advice, guidance and support on corporate governance, statutory, regulatory, governmental and best practice requirements across board, director and corporate structure activities. This job category manages a portfolio of companies and enable effective operation of the Boards, Committees and line-of-business management committees.
Regulators have imposed higher corporate governance levels and this includes more onerous responsibilities on the Board of Directors. This results in heavier responsibility on the Company Secretarial function to ensure that the required corporate governance levels are maintained at all times and to provide sufficient support and guidance to the Board.
We are now inviting qualified individuals to join this team in the role of Assistant Company Secretary.
- To provide support in the provision of company secretarial services to the HSBC Group’s companies in Malaysia.
- To assist the Company Secretary in supporting the Boards of Directors and corporate governance frameworks within Malaysia.
- To assist the Company Secretary in the maintenance of statutory registers and the submission of statutory filings within Malaysia
- To contribute to the development of strategic and operational objectives of the Global Company Secretarial function through the Company Secretary, Malaysia.
- Assisting the Company Secretary in providing support to the Board of Directors and senior management of Group companies on corporate governance and statutory, regulatory and governmental requirements as well as best practice requirements and standards.
- Providing support in the implementation of corporate actions, such as acquisitions, disposals, formations and liquidations of companies, restructuring of Group companies and investments (including overseas interests), injection of share capital and payment of dividends.
- Providing support for statutory and regulatory compliance of Group companies in Malaysia.
- Providing advice, guidance and support to the Board of Directors and senior management of Group companies in Malaysia for which he/she provides company secretarial support.
- Maintaining and developing positive relationships with colleagues in other departments such as Finance, Risk, Compliance and those within the businesses being supported.
- Maintaining and developing positive relationships with other external advisers/suppliers within Malaysia
- Maintaining and developing positive professional working relationships with directors and managers within the businesses.
- Contributing to discussions on how to improve engagement.
- Contributing to a cooperative and flexible working environment.
- Monitoring the effectiveness and appropriateness of the corporate governance framework of companies of which he/she provides secretarial support.
- Helping reduce the costs and expenses of the department.
- Considering how to re-engineer existing processes to deliver efficiencies within the Department.
- Continually reassessing the operational risks inherent in the business, taking account of changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings, and the impact of new technology.
- Undertaking ad hoc projects as and when required.
- Relevant tertiary degree or an Associate member of the Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators;
- Strong knowledge of corporate secretarial and corporate governance principles
- Strong knowledge of external regulations and directives as well as internal policies, to know how these apply to the business and to balance the requirements with the business demands;
- Meticulous, have an eye for details and IT savvy;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a secretarial firm or public listed company. Working experience in a financial institution will be an advantage;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, accuracy, attention to details, flexibility and the ability to organize/prioritize and work well under pressure;
- A team worker with ability to work independently;
- Excellent command of English (both verbal and written).
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Issued by HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad
: Asia Pacific-Malaysia-Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur-Kuala Lumpur
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 13-Feb-2020, 10:06:05 Unposting Date
: 27-Feb-2020, 15:59:00