The Controls Assurance Sr Analyst supports CTE Manager in creating a risk based financial control testing plan for majority of RDS Group financial controls operated by Finance Operations as well as in business.
Testing plan should be developed in accordance with a risk based methodology and delivered in line with group Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) and Financial Control guidelines, as well as in joint consideration with Business facing Qualitative risk factors.
Controls Assurance Sr Analyst supports The CTE Manager in ensuring the plan is managed and delivered in line with agreed timeframes adhering to SOX attestation requirement and the standard of testing is consistently of a high quality across all process and business and if sought external audit reliance is gained on any internal testing carried out.
Controls Assurance Sr Analyst performs testing for controls design and operating effectiveness as Line of Defense 2 for Shell.
• Performs financial control testing for both FO as well as in business, providing independent assessment of control design and operating effectiveness with any key observation or recommendation.
• Testing coverage includes complex accounting areas, External Auditor - Management Reliance, migration operational readiness tests, RDS and key controls with Control Owners in various Shell locations.
• Support the CTE Manager in ensuring financial controls are tested and walked through for SOX purposes in line with the agreed plan.
• Monitor progress of Control testing activities against plan and report regularly on progress to Central Testing Unit Manager
• Ensures that any deficiencies are appropriately documented in Greenlight, the deficiency tracker is always kept up to date detailing root causes, deep dives/retrospective reviews performed along with a clear plan for remediation which meets SOX attestation criteria. Ensuring businesses are kept communicated in the investigation and remediation of all controls relevant to their area.
• Provide Royal Dutch Shell (RDS)/SOX testing service to FO Process leads and for Financial Control Business leads
• Act as subject matter expert in RDS/SOX testing area
• Supports other assignment and ad hoc matters as required
• Experience: 6+ years in internal controls area or audit
• Experience of planning and executing audits/test/walkthroughs
• Experience of implementing controls frameworks within the business.
• Experience in documenting processes and changes within the processes
• Highly experience in finance functional process with limited audit background/testing skill can still be considered
• Sox/RDS experience and experience of one or more Financial Processes desirable.
• In-depth knowledge of internal/financial controls, Risk Management, SOX, Audit Standards, Corporate Governance, Accounting & Finance
• IT literate and solid working knowledge of MS Office (Outlook, Power Point, Word, Excel)
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, active across more than 80 countries, employing 90,000 people.
Shell Business Operations Sdn Bhd (503619-D), a LEED Platinum certified green facility in Cyberjaya, provides a wide range of professional services to support the efficient operation of the Shell Group. The Centre delivers world-class operational excellence to the business through shared operations and services that include Human Resource, Information Technology, Finance, Customer Services, Order to Delivery and Contracting & Procurement. The Centre is currently on a growth path and as part of this rapid growth, we are looking to recruit talented professionals to join us!
If you would like to be a part of an innovative energy leader that offers a rewarding career in a multi cultural environment, then apply to us today and be a part of this vibrant, world-class organisation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Candidate must possess at least Bachelor in Accounting/Finance/ACCA Holder At least 5 Year(s) of senior role in managing company accounts and finance...
From Kien Lim Realty Sdn Bhd - Sarawak
Published 18 days ago
Job Description Responsibilities To ensure timely preparation of the monthly group consolidation of accounts. To prepare the quarterly report for Bursa...
From Eversendai - Kuala Lumpur
Published 10 days ago
Purpose: The Controls Assurance Sr Analyst supports CTE Manager in creating a risk based financial control testing plan for majority of RDS Group financial...
Published 3 days ago
**Equity/Fixed interest hearing securities=???** This international school has high reputation in Malaysia located in a city only 45 minutes from the capital...
Published 24 days ago