We are currently looking for a Corporate Tax Manager to join in order to provide tax compliance and advisory services in support of the Tax Partner to a client portfolio, maximise fee income and generate new client and consultancy work from a portfolio.
This position will also take responsibility for the management of the tax compliance function and staff, ensuring efficient production and quality levels are met and that staff are developed to achieve their full potential.
- Assist in delivering tax strategy
- Spot opportunities with clients
- Generate new leads and win new tax advisory work
- Provide tax advisory services on client portfolios, maximising fee earning opportunities
- Manage the compliance cycle for a portfolio of clients and review returns
- Plan, control and review work carried out by team members to ensure work is completed within timeframes and budget
- Respond to tax queries from clients and partners
- Provide advice on a range of subjects from international tax to EIS. Opportunity to become the champion on a chosen subject if desired.
- Liaise between partners, corporate tax and other teams
- Attend client meetings and presentations
- Correspondence with clients and external agencies
- Assist in completing appraisals for all allocated members of staff ensuring that these are completed on a timely basis, to enable staff to be developed and in turn reach their full potential
- Allocate and review jobs and tasks
- Ensure trainees receive training relevant to their level of ability
- Actively involve junior staff in advisory work
Skills and Qualifications:
- CTA or ACA qualified, minimum 3 to 5 years post qualification experience
- Corporate Tax Manager from a well respected tax practice or boutique
- Demonstrable and current technical tax knowledge
- Proven compliance and advisory experience
- General knowledge and understanding of audit and accountancy issues
- T literate with Excel, Tax Software and Word
- Oral and written communication
- Commercial awareness, client focus, client relationship skills
- People management skills, coaching and development of others
- Organisational skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Negotiating and influencing
- Ability to manage change
- Team player
- Calm and effective under pressure
This role offers a genuine opportunity for a driven manager to make their mark in a growing and ambitious tax team. Career advancement is solely dependent on the individual's performance and is, therefore, available in the short term
You were always one of those curious kids who opened every cabinet, peeked behind every door, and never ceased to ask "why" when given an explanation. Today...
From Renaissance Johor Bahru Hotel - Johor
Published 19 days ago
A large insurance provider are seeking a Corporate Tax Official to manage their corporate tax requirements. General duties of the Corporate Tax Official...
From Talentive - Kuala Lumpur
Published 16 days ago
Are you positive, confident, proactive, honest and hardworking - then we need you if you can - Speak Chinese and English - Perform basic bookkeeping & account...
Published 12 days ago
Accounting graduates or accounting diploma students. Strong accounting knowledge. Independent and enthusiastic about audit and taxation.
Published 12 days ago