Reporting to the Senior Manager, the Data Protection and Privacy Solicitor provides legal advice to the business and corporate functions like Human Resources, IT and Cyber Security on Data Protection and Privacy. The Data Protection and Privacy Solicitor is repsonsible for the development and execution of strategies to address regulatory changes. This position contributes to insure compliance and reduce risk exposure whilst optimizing business opportunities in accordance with the policies, best practices and applicable laws.
We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become a reality, each and every day.
In this role, you will:
- Provide subject matter expertise and legal analysis for data protection and privacy and related matters across the region and manages the delivery of global and regional data protection and privacy annual plan and program, along with its objectives and KPIs.
- Contribute to the enterprise data protection and privacy strategy, playing a primary role in critical elements such as consumer privacy and the data protection law.
- Lead individual enterprise-wide data protection and privacy projects, coordinating with stakeholders across the company including the business, law department, IT department, human resources and other teams.
- Serve as an in-depth company resource on Data Protection and Privacy laws.
- Develop and implement processes for Data Protection and Privacy compliance.
- Review and analyze Data Protection and Privacy laws and how they impact the company and stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver training and promote awareness of, and compliance with, requirements on Privacy topics.
- Function as a liason between stakeholders and technical teams to obtain knowledge of personal data in application and smart products.
Qualifications needed for this role:
* Basic qualifications:
- Degree from an accredited law school or equivalent.
- Licensed Solicitor.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in the privacy profession.
- Minimum of 3 years experience as a practicing Solicitor.
* Preferred qualifications:
- Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP)
- 1-2 years regional project management experience.
- Affinity with IT products and services.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of Data Protection and Privacy laws.
- Knowledge of the General Data Protection Regulation.
- Ability to translate the legal data protection obligations in the context of the services that the company provides.
- Ability to speak another language is desirable.
- Experience with Data Protection and Privacy management software (e.g. OneTrust, TrustArc etc) is a plus.
- Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, teamwork and problem-solving skills which have resulted in exceeding targets and goals.
- Strong team-orientated interpersonal skills; ability to effectively interface with a wide range of people.
- Ability to travel occasionally.
- High degree of independence and strong presentation skills.
- Integrity and high standard professional ethics.
- Strong intercultural skills and ability bridging cultural differences.
- Possess a high-energy leadership style that demonstrates the company's values and philosophy.
- Effectively interact with others, establishing open, candid, strong and trusting relationships.
- Proactively broaden capabilities, be skillful in managing conflicts and able to effect change within a diverse, rapidly-growing and decentralized organization.
- Demonstrate success working in a complex and deadline driven department.
To start ASAP Ensure that students have all materials necessary for class activities Work with students individually or in small groups for extension or...
From Visiprimaeducation - Selangor
Published 15 days ago
Sri KDU®International School offers an outstanding holistic education for children of all nationalities, for Year 1 to 13. The School provides a range of top...
From Sri Kdu International School - Johor
Published 12 days ago
St. Joseph’s Institution International (SJII) Malaysia a school of the De La Salle Brothers is seeking outstanding and inspirational class teachers whose...
From St. Joseph'S Institution International School Malaysia - Selangor
Published 12 days ago
An exciting opportunity at a fast-growing British international school in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! http://kingsgate.edu.my We are hiring for the following...
From Kingsgate International School - Kuala Lumpur
Published 12 days ago