Global Technical Enablement Engineer The JMP Division of SAS is successful and growing – and so is our Global Technical Enablement Team. Each Technical Enablement Engineer provides technical leadership within the division and to our clients. In this role, our Engineers travel extensively to perform pre-sales and post-sale activities. Their activities rely upon expert understanding of applications of JMP software, advanced knowledge of statistical processes and/or industry knowledge gained from on-the-job experience.
- Support Beacon and Premiere strategic account engagements as a priority.
- Provide technical leadership in expanding post-sales adoption and use of JMP.
- Generate technical collateral in order to assist JMP’s technical employees globally.
- Provide mentoring and technical training to JMP’s technical employees globally.
- Provide strategic customer engagements to assist JMP’s global sales teams in successfully positioning JMP.
- Help develop and mentor customer champions, to improve satisfaction with and increase the utilization of JMP within their organizations.
- Provide JMP Product Managers with customer feedback on features that would improve customer satisfaction.
- Assist in staffing JMP Marketing and Customer Care events
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative or scientific field.
- 8 or more years of experience with analytical software and deployment in a technical role.
- Experience in the use of applied analytics in industry domains and departmental areas including,
- Descriptive Methods: Basic Analytics and Data Visualization
- Comparative Methods: Factor Comparison and Screening
- Predictive Methods: Predictive Modeling and Design of Experiments
- Up to 75% travel is required (domestic and international travel expected).
- Excellent customer-facing skills including experience in uncovering and meeting customer needs.
- Ability to self-direct, while also being able to work well within a team and share responsibilities.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills.
- Ability to relate technical and statistical concepts to customer needs.
- Ability to be flexibly and quickly customize JMP presentation material and delivery to meet changing customer requirements.
- Previous experience with analytical software and deployment in a technical role.
- Master’s degree or beyond in Statistics, Computer Science, Engineering or another quantitative or scientific field.
- Successful experience as a change agent: leading others in a quantitative field.
- Success applying analytics using JMP or SAS in industry domains.
- Project management experience.
- Professional group membership and involvement.
- Fluency in more than one language.
- JMP, JMP Pro and JMP Clinical expertise.
Want to stay up to date on SAS culture, products and jobs? Follow us on LinkedIn