Description This position is responsible for supporting existing customers, identifying new opportunities and proposing optimal solutions to customers. The Sales Engineer requires organization and focus to meet the demands of customers and timelines in a very fast-paced environment. The incumbent must possess excellent sales skills and solid experience in fluid and pneumatics products, selling valves and customized solutions to customers. This position also calls for competent technical problem-solving capability, drawing on a solid engineering background to work independently as well as interface with team members from senior management, marketing, engineering and production to solve customer problems with well thought-out solutions.
- Meet or exceed monthly and yearly sales targets and quotas assigned to territory of responsibility by management.
- Develop new accounts and cultivate existing accounts within territory assigned, performing analysis of customer technical data to better understand customers' applications and providing timely and professional customer-specific solutions/responses.
- Make sales and technical presentations of products to existing and potential customers in a bid to develop new business. Travel to customer sites to present proposals, resolve technical issues and close orders.
- Execute sales with OEM and end-user customer accounts as well as authorized distributors through cooperative selling and strategic planning.
- Negotiate tender and contract terms, review customer POs, manage timeliness and ship dates.
- Offer after-sales support services, logging and following up on customer complaints, solving customers' problems.
- Act as the focal point building successful relationship and key interface between customers, marketing and engineering to achieve assigned sales and corporate goals.
- Conduct product training sessions at distributors or customer sites.
- Maintain a high degree of technical knowledge required to sell effectively in fluid control and fluid power industries.
- Generate call reports on a weekly basis and present to management in order that full knowledge of sales activities of the territory are recorded.
- Prepare and submit weekly activity itineraries to the supervisor on a timely manner.
- Attend sales meeting and trade shows/conferences at the request of the Company.
- Convey customers' requirements to Product Marketing Team.
- Represent the Company in a professional and ethical manner.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Minimum five years sales experience and/or proven successful track record selling to the fluid control and fluid power market, focusing on valves and pneumatic components
- Excellent sales skills with the ability to sell direct and via indirect distribution channels.
- Strong relationship builder with a strong desire to win against competition.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills for working with customers and in-house personnel.
- Excellent organization skills and able to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Highly motivated self-starter, energetic, aggressive and focused.
- Team player mentality and ability to work cross-functionally.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Possess own transport.
At Emerson, we are innovators and problem-solvers, focused on a common purpose: leaving our world in a better place than we found it. Each and every day, our foundational values-integrity, safety and quality, supporting our people, customer focus, continuous improvement, collaboration and innovation-inform every decision we make and empower our employees to keep reaching higher.
As a global technology and engineering leader, we provide groundbreaking solutions for customers in industrial, commercial, and residential markets.
Our Automation Solutions business helps process, hybrid, and discrete manufacturers maximize production and protect personnel and the environment while optimizing their energy and operating costs. Our Commercial & Residential Solutions business helps ensure human comfort and health, protect food quality and safety, advance energy efficiency and create sustainable infrastructure.
Emerson, a Fortune 500 company with $17.4 billion in sales, more than 20 Innovation, Solutions & Engineering Centers, and 200 manufacturing locations worldwide, is committed to helping employees grow and thrive throughout their careers.
Whether you're an established professional looking for a career change, an undergraduate student exploring options or a recent MBA graduate, you'll find a variety of opportunities at Emerson. Join our team and start your journey today.
We are offering: -Attractive Base salary + Incentives -We advocate a safe yet fun working environment -Career Advancement -Medical Benefit -EPF & SOCSO, EIS...
Published 14 days ago
Responsible to promoting products, services and professional advises and to maximize profit through developing sales strategies that match customer requirements...
Published 14 days ago
Job Description ·Full set of Account ·Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements ·Ensure financial records are maintained in...
Published 12 days ago
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy. From rapid...
From Abb - Kuala Lumpur
Published 12 days ago