We are looking for an innovative, dynamic school counsellor with an expertise in Play Therapy and the ability to work across school with children from both primary and secondary.
GIS is a well-resourced successful international school with good facilities with a reputation for academic excellence, placing the success of each student at the centre of our mission. We have fantastic students and a hard-working and motivated staff. We understand that every student requires more than academic skills to succeed. Therefore we adhere to our Student Vision of developing adaptable lifelong learners, active citizens, effective contributors, resilient individuals, independent enquirers and creative thinkers.
The Counselling Service is an as-needed support for GIS students struggling with emotional or social challenges. Counselling is confidential and provided outside the classroom within the curricular day. The service is closely linked to the pastoral structure of the school. Services include individual and small group counselling and include family work.
- To provide confidential and holistic counselling services to students and their families experiencing the complete range of social and emotional challenges.
- To offer a safe, non-judgemental and constructive space for students and families to honestly address issues requiring change
- To empower students to take responsibility for their own evolution
- To support students’ academic success through addressing emotional obstacles affecting learning
- To liaise with, consult and support GIS staff in their work with students experiencing social and emotional challenges when appropriate
- To confidently and effectively communicate with and support parents and other family members when appropriate to do so.
- To assist in staff and student trainings and seminars
- To actively work towards eliminating the stigma of mental health difficulties and utilising the Counsellor
- To model and encourage healthy relating and constructive communication amongst all members of the GIS community
- To strictly adhere to the restrictions of confidentiality, the Child Protection Protocol and BCAP ethical requirements and guidance for good practice
Successful candidate must:
- Minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Psychology, Counselling or Clinical Social Work
- Fully qualified as a School Counsellor, Psychologist or Psychotherapist
- Post training minimum experience of 3-5 years working with children in school counselling or mental health settings.
- Have a proven track record of outstanding practice working with a wide variety of emotional, social and behavioral needs in children and adolescence
- Ability to practice in multiple languages of particular benefit
- Have a growth-mindset looking to continually improve
- A keen interest in further training in additional counselling approaches
- Be able to engage, motivate and support children, staff and parents
- Be a reflective, flexible practitioner with the ability to think creatively and take risks
- Have an advanced ability to use ICT to support and enhance the counselling process
- Have the interpersonal skills needed to work successfully within teams
- A warm and relatable personality
- A consummate professional with impeccable follow-through
We will provide:
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- Ongoing Professional Development
- A professionally stimulating and collaborative working environment
- Monthly clinical supervision with an external provider of the candidate’s choice
Closing date for applications is Friday 14th February 2020. We reserve the right to make an earlier appointment for the right candidate.
Please review the ‘GIS Information for Applicants 2020-21’ booklet found in the Applicant Info Pack prior to applying for this role.
Garden International School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. As such, all offers of employment are subject to a criminal record check (ICPC or equivalent).
We are looking for someone who is passionate in teaching the young generation to join our team. Basic Requirements: 1. SPM/ Diploma/ Degree 2. Can speak fluent...
From Kidsville Day Care Centre - Kedah
Published 21 days ago
Requirements: *Tutor- Able to teach standard 1-6 SKJC Math and Science *Right Brain Trainer- Love, patient and passion with the kids *Fast Learner and...
Published 25 days ago
-Provide daycare and tuition to primary students -Monitor students' behaviour JOB REQUIREMENT -Have relevant working experience -Good teamwork and communication...
Published 25 days ago
Requirements - Candidate must possess at least a Professional Certificate, Advanced / Higher / Graduate Diploma, Degree, Advanced Degree. - Fluent in English...
Published 25 days ago