The Role A Support Engineer is typically an in-house Level 2 or 1 support technician who is a general expert in one or more application or infrastructure platforms. They provide support in Incident Management processes and perform against defined work instructions and troubleshooting scripts to debug issues associated with these applications / infrastructure platforms. The L2 Support Engineer typically gets involved in appropriately testing various changes to the application / infrastructure services through the Development, Test, Staging environment and performing Post-Production Testing to ensure technical changes have been correctly applied.
In the Connectivity team, a Support Engineer can provide generic trouble shooting support across a range of areas or in one particular area. In Shell the areas related to Connectivity are
- Wide Area Networking. Shell has 800 sites globally with 10 global data centers and 375 local data centers. These are supported by various technologies e.g. MPLS, point to point circuits etc. Internet access is provided via global/regional datacenters or locally.
- Network Security. Shell has over 300 firewalls with 26,000 remote access workers per day. Other services include intrusion protection and internet content filtering These services rely on a number of vendors including ZScaler and Cisco
- Local Area Networking. Globally Shell has 20,000 + assets supporting Wi-Fi and fixed LAN with products from Cisco and Aruba.
- Voice. Shell has over 100 PABXs (TDNM and IPT) with over 20,000 extensions. Other services include call centers, global toll-free numbers and 35,000 mobile phone subscribers.
- 5-8 years of IT experience in a corporate setting
- Prior experience in an IT support environment
- Knowledge in one or more Connectivity technologies
- Technical certification in a Connectivity technology
- Knowledge in ITIL processes, incident, problem and change management
- Self-starter with good analysis and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate in a global, virtual cross-cultural organization, working in different time zones
- Ability to handle concurrent tasks with appropriate priority
Shell is a global group of energy and petrochemical companies, active across more than 80 countries, employing 90,000 people.
Shell Business Operations Sdn Bhd (503619-D), a LEED Platinum certified green facility in Cyberjaya, provides a wide range of professional services to support the efficient operation of the Shell Group. The Centre delivers world-class operational excellence to the business through shared operations and services that include Human Resource, Information Technology, Finance, Customer Services, Order to Delivery and Contracting & Procurement. The Centre is currently on a growth path and as part of this rapid growth, we are looking to recruit talented professionals to join us!
If you would like to be a part of an innovative energy leader that offers a rewarding career in a multi cultural environment, then apply to us today and be a part of this vibrant, world-class organisation.
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Customer Support Assistant A support assistant is the primary point of contact between a business and its customers. If customers want to place an order, find...
Published a month ago
Responsibilities: • Handle customer inquiries, issues and feedback (eg. Cancellation order and return problem) • Provide accurate information and assistance in...
Published a month ago
Responsibilities - Manage and resolve customer inquiries through inbound/outbound calls or messages in a timely manner. - Follow communication “scripts” when...
Published a month ago
Who are we looking for: We are looking for a Business Support Analyst who is energetic and ambitious. You will play a part in developing solutions that will...
Published 17 days ago