Surveillance Manager, Financial Crime Threat Mitigation. (Tagalog Speaking) : 0000DDQO
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for a career that will give you plenty of opportunities to develop, join HSBC and your future will be rich with potential. Whether you want a career that could take you to the top, or simply take you in an exciting new direction, HSBC offers opportunities, support and rewards that will take you further.
Global Risk is a thriving and expert risk management function supporting HSBC globally with all aspects of risk management. The team actively manages a varied and dynamic range of risk types, including security, fraud, information security, operational, credit, pension, insurance, compliance, regulatory, market, reputation and geopolitical risks. All parts of the Global Risk team use their skills, insight and integrity to handle established threats and those they see emerging, acting to protect and enable HSBC to deliver sustainable growth.
We are currently seeking an experienced professional to take on the role of Surveillance Manager, Financial Crime Threat Mitigation.
- As part of the onshore surveillance team, review and investigate alerts which have been escalated from level one (offshore) review teams.
- Escalate regulatory breaches to business and Compliance Senior Management in order that appropriate action can be undertaken to rectify.
- Improve overall efficiency of the process and individual performance within the team
- Provide input / timely production of high quality Management Information.
- Contribute to team development, effectiveness and success by sharing knowledge and good practice, working collaboratively with others to create a productive, diverse and supportive working environment.
In liaison with the business/asset class stakeholders:
- Identify potential new forms of staff or counterparty misconduct.
- In liaison with the Change Team, prioritize the development of the systems, processes, people and data sets needed for the above purpose.
Dealing with alerts:
- Deal with level one alerts from offshore team or engage in level one filtering directly.
- Engage in manual surveillance where automated surveillance has yet to be developed.
- Ensure that all alerts are satisfactorily escalated and resolved.
- Support and provide guidance in expansion of off-shoring function in Bangalore.
- Holistically identify:
- Ways to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the surveillance process.
- Individuals potentially engaged in misconduct not identified through review of the individual alerts.
- Potential improvements in front office booking, behavior and control processes.
- Front Office and support function behaviors, processes or systems that could be improved.
- Carry out necessary work in the investigations requested by regulators, senior management and the businesses/asset classes on certain practices, businesses, individuals and events.
- Produce data, MI and analysis to explain the finding from these investigations.
- Ensure that all actions arising out of these investigations are completed.
- Escalate, as appropriate, any material findings or incidents of misconduct highlighted by these investigations.
- Foster a close relationship with key front office and support function stakeholders.
- Provide visibility to the front office on the contribution of the CSA function in the detection and prevention of misconduct of staff/counterparties.
- Where required liaise with any regulator.
Development of the function:
- Assist in the implementation/roll-out of new surveillance tools and models.
- Provide detailed analysis and test scripts in User Acceptance Testing (UAT) of new automated surveillance tests
- Educated to degree level
- Strong report writing skills.
- Ability to handle escalated issues and take these forward with Senior Management.
- Compliance monitoring experience and expertise is highly desired.
- A sound understanding of local regulation particularly in relation to the rules relevant to trading and sales activities.
- In depth knowledge of local market abuse regulation and overseas regulations an advantage.
- Sound knowledge of Global Banking and Markets. Sound understanding of the SFO.
- Ability to support decisions with sound reasoning. Ability to clearly articulate business and regulatory implications of analysis and findings.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with both Compliance and Business Management.
- Ambition to enhance compliance knowledge and skill set in a rapidly changing and dynamic markets environment.
- Sound Product Control background / awareness could be an advantage.
- Ability to use technological resources available for surveillance activities
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC takes pride in a diverse and inclusive working environment that sees our people benefit from mentoring, flexible working and the support of Employee Resource Network Groups. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Applications for promotion/transfer must meet the eligibility criteria - please refer to HRDirect under Life Events I would like to apply for a new role Malaysia HBMY–HBMS Employee eligibility for promotions and transfers
Issued by HSBC Bank Malaysia Berhad.
: Risk and Compliance
: Asia Pacific-Malaysia-Federal Territory of Kuala Lumpur-Kuala Lumpur
: Full-time Shift
: Day Job
Type of Vacancy : Country vacancy
: 17-Mar-2020, 09:35:40 Unposting Date
: 31-Mar-2020, 15:59:00
We are offering: -Attractive Base salary + Incentives -We advocate a safe yet fun working environment -Career Advancement -Medical Benefit -EPF & SOCSO, EIS...
Published 17 days ago
Responsible to promoting products, services and professional advises and to maximize profit through developing sales strategies that match customer requirements...
Published 17 days ago
Job Description ·Full set of Account ·Compile and analyze financial information to prepare financial statements ·Ensure financial records are maintained in...
Published 15 days ago
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy. From rapid...
From Abb - Kuala Lumpur
Published 15 days ago