TechnipFMC is a global oil and gas leader, specialized in subsea, onshore, offshore, and surface technologies. Our mission: to enhance the performance of world's energy industry. How we do it: by constantly challenging conventions and investing in our 37000+ employees, across 48 countries. At TechnipFMC, we aim to offer an inspiring working experience: tackling some of the most complex technical and engineering challenges in the world in collaboration with a truly global team.
Are you our new Transport & Logistics Coordinator / Buyer in TechnipFMC, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia?
1) Executes and follows up complex and critical costing operations related to transport services (freight forwarding, vessel chartering & etc.)
2) Manages and handles transportation & logistics related activities for various Subsea projects within the company (SPS & SURF).
Job Main Challenges
1)Estimates transport cost based on inputs provided by projects teams and stakeholders (i.e. project managers, engineers, buyers, vendors & etc.)
2)Prepares and negotiates freight forwarding activities subcontracts and purchase order, consisting in:
- Bidder List preparation
- Invitation to Bid
- Bids evaluation and clarifications
- Bid tabulation and recommendation to Project Management for selection
- TSO (Transport Service Order) preparation, administration and control
3)Involved in vessel part chartering activities which covers:
- Commercial activities; negotiation with shipowners / carriers & freight forwarders, preparation & submission of CBT's to project managers with recommendation and finalizing fixtures).
- Operational activities; shipment coordination with shipowners / carriers and freight forwarders, load out coordination with project managers and site operations team, preparation of shipping related documents (i.e. B/L, CIPL & etc.).
4)Handling of shipments for various projects as per process flow agreed with stakeholders (i.e. project managers) and maintain proper record in depository folders for tracking and audit purpose.
- Determines the most effective mode of transportation, negotiating arrangement with carriers, scheduling individual shipments, and arranging export documentation.
- Plans and supervises handling operations for "special items", multiple and complex shipping schemes.
- Handles for multiple lines of transport (air, sea, road, railways), or multiple types of goods.
- Prepares and issues specifications, Invitation to Bid, Negotiation documents, and Service Orders.
- Defines and assigns to Forwarding Agents and shipments out of Service Orders.
- Contacts suppliers and coordinates pick-up operations, based on the loading/shipping plan for each shipment.
- Issues and updates Shipping Notice to various parties involved and sends a separate set of shipping documents to the field.
- Provides transport cost and man-hours estimation and reports, monitors budget vs project execution.
- Contributes to the implementation and automation of appropriate IT Tools and reports.
You are meant for this job if
- Technical diploma or relevant diploma / degree.
- Minimum eight (8) years of experience on management and coordination of transportation & logistics activities, preferably with experience in handling general cargo and over-sized cargo movements in the oil & gas and industrial projects related sectors.
- Capable of performing commercial and operational related tasks.
- Proficient in Excel tool.
- Good communication skills.
- Sense of initiative.
Your future at TechnipFMC
- Potential career path
- Training and development
- Diverse and international team
Learn more about TechnipFMC
Learn more about us and find other open positions at our Career Page.
Follow us on LinkedIn for company updates.
"As an equal opportunity employer TechnipFMC considers only qualified applicants without regard to color, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender expression, disability, national origin, veteran or marital status."
Job Overview: Oversee the operational excellence of the assigned Marine Operations project. Key Responsibilities/Accountabilities: - Actively promote and...
From Mcdermott International - Kuala Lumpur
Published 11 days ago
We are looking for an experienced Logistics Coordinator to manage all aspects of logistics throughout our supply chain. The Logistics Coordinator will be...
From Gotopportunity - Kuala Lumpur
Published 8 days ago