Job Summary: - The Medical Assistant, under the direction of the Office Manager and/or Clinical Supervisor, provides appropriate care to patients within the scope of the Medical Practice Act. Assists in patient education. Assists physician during treatment and examination of patient and administers procedures and treatments as ordered by the physician.
You will be responsible for:
- Assisting with the rooming of patients for appointments.
- Obtaining accurate temperature, pulse, respiration, blood pressure, height and weight. Document each correctly on progress note.
- Preparing patients for physical examination.
- Screen patients for appropriate information and instruct patients in collection of samples and tests.
- Explain procedures and treatments to patients and when necessary to significant others before implementation.
- Review patient charts to ensure that all test results and correspondance arepresent prior to the patient seeing the Physician.
- Assisting with the preparation of equipment and aiding Physician during treatment, examination and testing of patients.
- Administering prescribed medication and treatment in accordance with Hospital Policy and procedures and nursing standards. Document medications correctly and completely in the patients chart after they are given.
- Respond to and return in-coming telephone calls in a timely manner.
- Instructing patient and family regarding medication and treatment instructions.
- Responsible for preparation of examination rooms including restocking of treatment areas and disinfecting of exam tables and counters.
- Practices Body Substance Isolation.
- Demonstrate responsibility/knowlege of commonly used medications.
- Complete Nursing Procedure Log accurately on a daily basis.
Maintain medication safely by monitoring refrigerator and freezer temperatures and dating multi-dose vials when opened. Ensure that no expired medicines are avaliable for use.
- Follow policy on cleaning and sterilization of equipment and instruments. Complete Sterilization Load Record accurately and completely.
- Count controlled narcotics daily.
- Maintain tickler file for laboratory testing and review file on a daily basis.
- Compling with office policy and procedures.
- Using personal protective equipment and strict adherence to body substance isolation technique is required.
- Verbally communicating clearly and effectively with patients and co-workers.
- Displaying a caring and professional attitude at all time as well as maintaining personal and professional growth.
- Continuously striving to improve patient satisfaction by going above and beyond their expectations.
- Pro-actively initiating quality improvement ideas/suggestions.
- Supporting the development of staff teamwork by being willing to assist patients, visitors and co-workers when necessary to facilitate a smooth workflow.
- Maintaining the confidentiality of employees' and patients' administrative and medical information, with no infractions.
What will you need:
- Minimum of a High School Diploma or Equivalent.
- Graduate of a recognized Medical Assistant program.
- One (1) year medical office experience (Preferred).
- Registered or Certified from a recognized Medical Assistant Program.
URGENT HIRING FOR CLINIC ASSISTANT (24 HOURS CLINIC) PRIORITY GIVEN FOR FRESH GRADUATES IN DIP. MEDICAL ASSISTANT AND DIP. NURSING SHIFT BASIS : AM : 7AM - 3PM...
Published 14 days ago
- Had proposed in Diploma in Medical Assistant - MALE medical assistant and had valid APC (Annual Practice Certificate) - Able to do multitask - Must be able to...
Published 13 days ago
Overview The Dental Director is a licensed physician of dentistry who adheres to the highest standards of evidence based medical practice, ethics, and...
From Worketic - Kuala Lumpur
Published 16 days ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: 1. Accompanies physician into patient exam room to transcribe history, physical exam and procedures as stated by the physician during...
From Staff Protocol - Kuala Lumpur
Published 16 days ago