As Corporate Counsel at Google, you work on the most exciting legal issues as disruptive technological innovations require creative and proactive legal guidance. You're part of a whip-smart group of in-house lawyers and the projects and cases you take on challenge you to think big and differently. You are collaborative -- ready to partner in initiatives that influence all aspects of the business and work with Googlers from all over the company. As an integrated part of the team, you proactively assess legal risks and advise on products that will not only move information into the 21st century, but move information law forward as well.
As a Legal Counsel, you will work as part of the South East Asia legal team advising on a wide range of Malaysia related legal matters. In this role, you'll advise the business on its activities in Malaysia, including key legal risks and strategies, and work closely with cross-functional colleagues to roll out new products and manage regulatory, policy and contentious matters.
20th century laws don't always solve 21st century problems, and Google Legal crafts innovative approaches for handling some of the toughest legal challenges of the information age. Whether you're a patent attorney, an intellectual property expert or an engineer headed to law school, Google Legal lets you take on unanswered legal quandaries and create new precedents. Our innovative services raise challenging questions that demand creative and practical answers. We provide those answers by working at the crossroads of the law and new technology, helping Google build innovative and important products for users around the world.
- Bachelor's Degree in Law or equivalent practical experience.
- Legal certification to practice in Malaysia.
- 5 years of experience as a Lawyer.
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously under deadline pressure .
- Ability to work on a broad variety of legal matters.
- Excellent analytical, negotiation and contract drafting skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Conduct legal reviews of Google’s product, marketing and business initiatives and work in consultation with Google’s government affairs representatives to provide solution-oriented practical advice.
- Advise management and cross-functional project teams in Asia and the USA on potential legal risks in Malaysia and ensure compliance with applicable laws.
- Respond promptly to a wide range of legal requests from cross-functional groups
- Liaise with regulators and authorities in Malaysia, manage regulatory inquiries, and run contentious matters relating to Google’s products and operations in Malaysia.
- Review draft legislation and work with our Policy team to advocate for improvements to the proposed/draft laws that will support an open online environment. Work with external legal counsel on matters ranging from regulatory issues to expert advice requests.
We are looking to hire a Lawyer with brilliant research and analytical skills. Lawyers are expected to display sound judgment and decision-making with...
From Promotiva - Kuala Lumpur
Published 14 days ago
We are looking for a motivated Attorney with exceptional negotiation, research, and communication skills. The Attorney will develop relationships with clients...
From Staff Protocol - Kuala Lumpur
Published 14 days ago